Saturday, December 20, 2008

Children Who Live with Biological Parents and go to Church Fare Best Developmentally





New research has found that children have fewer problems at school and home when they live with both biological parents and frequently attend religious services.


Dr. Nicholas Zill, the founding president of Child Trends, and Dr. Philip Fletcher, a research psychologist at Westat, co-authored the new study, “Mapping America” which analyzes data from the National Survey of Children's Health.


Among their remarkable findings: children in this group are five times less likely to repeat a grade, less likely to have behavior problems at home and school, and are more likely to be cooperative and understanding of others' feelings. Parents of these children report less stress, healthier parent-child relationships, and fewer concerns about their children's achievement. These differences hold up even after controlling for family income and poverty, low parent education levels, and race and ethnicity.


This research demonstrates the importance of having a biological mother and father in raising children. Same sex marriage will just not do.


lifesitenews

5 comments:

Pearl said...

True. So true. I'm just so grateful that there are people out there researching this stuff. We owe them a great debt of gratitude. Cool tag! I'm swiping it for my blog. :0)

Secular Heretic said...

Thanks Pearl,

Sometimes you just have to prove the obvious.

Rick said...

I have pondered over the years why attending church has such a positive influence. I look at my grown children and I can see why. As a father I was told at church that the best thing you can do for your children is to love their mother. I was taught to be honest, moral, and serve others. And many more things. Also I was reminded of these things periodically. I think it is the reminding part that is powerful and why frequent attendance is a must.

ruby said...

love the tag!

i'll be updating my blog soon! i'm so happy about all these tags!

ruby said...

Here's the link to the study findings:

Go here