Saturday, March 28, 2009

Governor Jim Douglas of Vermont has shown strong leadership...no "gay marriage"

Same Sex Couples, Gay Marriage, Governor Jim Douglas, Vermont,



Governor Jim Douglas of Vermont has shown strong leadership by saying he will reject the bill which would allow same sex couples to marry if it makes it to his desk


Vermont's Republican governor said he will not sign a bill into law allowing same sex couples to marry.


"I'm announcing I will veto this legislation when it reaches my desk," Douglas said. "I believe marriage has always been and ought to remain the union of a man and a woman," I believe the civil unions law has offered equal rights and benefits under state law to same-sex couples and that should suffice."


I think Douglas is right. Marriage is between one man and one woman. I congratulate him for his courage to speak the truth about marriage.


read more

2 comments:

Euripides said...

Yay for Jim Douglas and decision. He needs the support of the people to send along the message to others who would derail marriage.

Secular Heretic said...

He is being very courageous considering the politically correct garbage that goes around.