Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Dominican Republic passes a bill to preserve life for the unborn



Unborn children are now safe from abortion thanks to President Leonel Fernandez of the Dominican Republic. In a remarkable vote the lawmakers put down abortion's blood drain by a whopping 167 to 32.


Dominican Republic is a Caribbean gem nestled between Haiti, the North Atlantic and the Caribbean Sea.


The decision to quit abortion was driven by the efforts of the Catholic Church under the guidance of Santo Domingo's Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez who went on record for saying that

pro abortionists were "butchers and merchants." He emphasized that the interests of the pro-abortionist was largely about profit and had little to do with choices as it is touted in America.


Actual abortion videos were shown as well on national TV that the Dominicans found unbelievable and wholly repugnant.


Read more at ProLifeBlogs

Links to similar articles

East Timor, moving towards an abortion free nation: unborn children's rights upheld

3 comments:

Lisa~ said...

This is such a huge deal! Thank you Lord!

RD said...

Fantastic!
Now this just needs to happen in every other country of the world!
Lets pray for people to know the truth and realize how wrong abortion is.

Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blog lately S.H.
I don't have as much time now with baby no.3.
However, I still quickly read your blog most morning with my breakfast, but don't comment on many blogs anymore, as I can't keep up at the moment.
I'm flat out putting something on my blog.

Keep up your good work though.
My husband reads your blog every day too.
You've probably noticed he has commented before, and thought it was me, coz he didn't sign it as Daniel:)

Secular Heretic said...

Thanks RD. I know how busy things can get.

It is good news that unborn children are now safe in this country.