Thursday, April 23, 2009

NancyJo Mann’s Abortion Experience


My mother made all the arrangements. She called my ob/gyn and he said he wouldn’t do an abortion, much less a second trimester. He told her that the only one in town that would do it was Dr. P. F-, a prominent doctor in that area. Without losing a moment of time for reflection or doubts, my mother and I went over to see him. When he learned that I was seeking an abortion, he immediately had me brought into an examination room.


After a quick examination, my abortionist told me that I would have to have the abortion done within the next 24-hours or I would be outside the limit of the law. Of course this wasn’t true, but I didn’t know that then. Abortions are legal throughout all three trimesters, right up to the day before birth, and I was still well within the second trimester. He just used this little lie to pressure me into making a quick decision.


This testimony was originally published in 1987 in the book "Aborted Women, Silent No More".


Read the whole article at Domestic Divapalooza

3 comments:

Euripides said...

This young woman's story is not surprising, but it is sickening. The Big Lie of abortions is that they are without consequences. Abortions hurt women.

Pearl said...

So sad.

Secular Heretic said...

More people need to hear about these testimonies. Perhaps then governments will free us of this burden.