Thursday, May 14, 2009

Victim of abortion gives testimony


The third lie in my “counseling” was a lie of omission. He never told me any of the risks involved. Only later did I find out that if he had hit a vein, the saline solution could have made me violently ill or caused any number of other complications, including death. He told me none of this. Instead he made it sound like a simple and relatively painless procedure.


I was so naive. I trusted him. After all, he was a doctor. A respected and educated man. And like everyone else, I had always heard that legal abortion was “safe and easy.” It wasn’t until he had me on the table that I began to question these illusions. It wasn’t until he pulled out an enormous syringe that I became scared. The needle alone was four inches long. Suddenly I realized that this was not going to be as easy as he had implied.


This testimony was originally published in 1987 in the book "Aborted Women, Silent No More".


Read the whole article at Domestic Divapalooza

2 comments:

RD said...

oh, that makes me so sad, yet so angry...

Euripides said...

The lack of real information, compassion, and the reality of abortion are lost on such institutions as Planned Parenthood and abortion advocates. It's a shame they can't see the bigger picture and the harm they cause women and society.